To join the Railroad, you need to trigger a hidden quest, finish the quest despite its refusal to give you any clues, and then complete an initiation mission. The rewards are well worth it. Joining the Railroad allows you to recruit Deacon as your companion; to get the awesome Deliverer weapon; and to mod clothing.
How to find the railroad Fallout 4?
- RELATED: Fallout 4 Mod Adds Fallout 76’s Responders As for locating The Railroad’s headquarters, the short answer is that it’s located underneath the Old North Church. However, the Sole Survivor won’t be able to find the Railroad HQ simply by visiting the building.
Where do you join the railroad Fallout 4?
Boston Common’s Location – this is where you begin the Road to Freedom Quest to join the Railroad Faction.
Can you join the railroad and the Institute?
You double can’t. You can’t join if you go to the Institute first, they will never trust you because you might be an Institute agent and will tell you to leave. You can’t side with the Railroad if you get banished from the Institute.
How do you continue following the Freedom Trail?
Head to the Boston Common location (you can fast travel from your Pip-Boy). Once in the right location, you’ll see a sign that says “At Journey’s End Follow Freedom’s Lantern.” The quest will then ask you to “Continue following the Freedom Trail.”
How do I start the Freedom Trail in Fallout 4?
You can begin the quest randomly by listening in on a couple of Diamond City residents near the “Bounties” board, or by continuing in the main quest line until you are tasked with finding the Railroad. The Freedom Trail itself starts at Boston Commons, a small park found within the ruins of the city.
How do I join the railroad?
To join the Railroad, you need to trigger a hidden quest, finish the quest despite its refusal to give you any clues, and then complete an initiation mission. The rewards are well worth it. Joining the Railroad allows you to recruit Deacon as your companion; to get the awesome Deliverer weapon; and to mod clothing.
Can I join the railroad and the Minutemen?
The Minutemen essentially want a chance to rebuild their communities and thrive in the Commonwealth. However, if you choose to side with the Minutemen after completing Act II, you will become allied with the Railroad faction, forcing you to take up arms against both the Institute and the Brotherhood of Steel.
Is Piper a synth?
One can call off the operation (failing the quest) or have her perform a traditional replacement op. If you do so, you will find Piper inspecting Fake Piper’s corpse and confirming that she was a synth to DC’s people.
Is there a secret ending in Fallout 4?
This ending is very difficult to complete and involves doing quests in a special order, the result is a new ending with recorded dialog options unable to be achieved in other endings.
Can you join railroad and brotherhood?
The Railroad are cryptic you can join them but if you join the Brotherhood of Steel or the Institute you will be excommunicated from the Railroad and they will become hostel. If you want to win the game with everyone intact don’t side with the Railroad, Brotherhood of Steel, or the Institute until the end.
Can you join all factions in Fallout 4?
Join? Yes indeed. In fact, you are tacitly encouraged to join all four of them. The thing is, as you progress down the various faction plot lines, eventually each and every one of the four factions is going to force to betray another one, possibly two of the others.
Which faction is best in Fallout 4?
The Minutemen They’re basically the neutral option and seek to help rebuild the world instead of imposing their beliefs or philosophy on other groups. Other groups may have cooler toys to play with, but the Minutemen are arguably the best of the Fallout 4 factions to align with.
Does Piper like the railroad?
Piper’s Likes and Dislikes: Piper approves of you joining the Minutemen and the Railroad, and, by extension, helping the down-on-their-luck and the innocent. She’s also impressed if you try and avoid violence when the option comes up in dialogue.
Should you join the railroad in Fallout 4?
The Railroad will also provide players with access to some of the best armor upgrades attainable within the game, with the least amount of hassle. Joining up with the Railroad also allows players to maintain good relations with the Minutemen.
How do you open the railroad door in Fallout 4?
Spell “RAILROAD” by aligning each letter at the 12:00 position and pressing down on the center of the ring each time. A door will open once you’ve entered the letter D.
What is the code for railroad in Fallout 4?
Here’s the code: 1R (fReedom) 2A (trAil) 3I (traIl) 4L (traiL) 5R (tRail) 60 (freedOm) 7A (trAil) 8D (freeDom) 7. Turn the dial and set the indicated letter in this order. Press the center button once the letter is set.
Fallout 4 Freedom Trail Code – How to Join the Railroad Faction
Most individuals would leap at the chance to become a member of a secret organization if they were offered the opportunity. In Fallout 4, players have the ability to do precisely that. Players can choose to become an exclusive member of theRailroad faction if they successfully complete theRoad to Freedom quest. This guide will assist you in tracking down the clues that will lead you to this faction’s underground base and in deciphering the Freedom Trail code. If you want assistance with any other aspects of the game, please visit ourFallout 4 guidelines walkthrough site, which includes articles such as this one on mission walkthroughs, as well as location instructions for uncommon items like as the X-01 Power Armor.
Follow the Freedom Trail Quest
Almost everyone would leap at the chance to be accepted into a secret organization if they were offered it. Just such an option exists in Fallout 4. Players can choose to become an exclusive member of theRailroad faction if they complete theRoad to Freedom quest. This guide will assist you in tracking down the clues that will lead you to this faction’s secret base and in deciphering the Freedom Trail code. – In the event that you require assistance with any other aspects of the game, please visit our Fallout 4 guidelines walkthrough center, which has articles such as this one on how to complete quests and locations for rare goods such as the X-01 Power Armor.
Fallout 4 Freedom Trail Code
The red brick walkway on the ground heading away from a seal that can be found immediately in front of the fountain should be noted as well. The next stage is to go down this brick road, which will lead you to a number of historical tourist destinations across the city. Following the first beginning point, there are seven additional spots to visit, and each of these locations has a clue that may be used to unlock the door to the Railroad’s secret stronghold. The hideaway may be discovered at the end of the tour, at the spot shown on the map.
Take note of each of these symbols, as they will serve as clues to gaining access to the hideaway later on in the game.
- Look for a seal at the Massachusetts State House, which may be seen along the edge of Boston Common. Continue down the route until you reach the Old Granary Burying Ground, which is marked with a seal that says “L4”. Prepare to battle off several Ferals, and then keep an eye out for the seal with the letters “A2” written on it. Continue down the brick walk in the direction of the Old State House. Follow the path to the Old Corner Bookstore, where you’ll find a seal with the letters “O6” on it, as well as gory entrails. Keep your guard up at all times because there are various different sorts of foes in this area. The seal at this location is denoted by the letters “3I,” and as you reach Faneuil Hall, look for the sign that says “5R.” When visiting this place, exercise great caution because there is a Super Mutant Suicider as well as other mutated opponents that will certainly attack you if you are not careful
- Continue to be on the lookout as you make your way towards Paul Revere’s House. Be victorious over your adversaries and track down the sealed letter “8D.”
There’s a last clue seal that says “1R” near the Old North Church, which brings the trail to a close. Although it is entertaining to participate in treasure hunts such as these, you are not need to follow the trail in order to reach the end destination. If you are familiar with the location of the Old North Church, you can proceed directly there from the starting point at Boston Common. When you get at the Old North Church, proceed through the entrance marked with a seal and a lamp on the ground.
You’ll need to make your way down to the church basement from here. Take a fast right through another entryway beneath some rubble and continue on through the hole in the wall to the right. Continue down the stairwell, down the hallway, and into the underground passageways to complete your journey.
How to Get the Passcode to the Railroad Hideout
Continue along the passageways until you reach the Freedom Trail Ring, which is mounted on the wall and has some cables stretched from its sides. This big seal is actually a sophisticated padlock, and in order to open it, you must enter a password that has been provided. The ring may be spun clockwise or counter-clockwise to align letters along the ring with the red arrow at the top, and then a letter can be entered by pressing the center button. The password for this lock is RAILROAD, which was revealed by the clues on the trail’s designated seals, which were placed at strategic points along the path.
When you input the password, a wall will slide open, revealing a dark chamber with numerous Railroad faction members within, one of them is Desdemona, who will greet you upon entering.
You have the option of being honest or withholding information.
Joining the Railroad Faction
Afterwards, accept the follow-up quest titled Tradecraft after meeting with Desdemona and Deacons. Upon successful completion of this task and return to Desdemona, you will be given the option of accepting or declining admission into the Railroad faction. After accepting, Desdemona will lead you to the Railroad Headquarters where you will be able to use it as a quick travel point on your map. You can be a member of many factions, but bear in mind that the more objectives you perform for the Railroad, the more likely it is that other factions would disapprove of your conduct.
From time to time, we will offer connections to internet retailers.
Please review our terms and conditions.
How to Solve the ‘Freedom Trail’ Quest in Fallout 4 and Join the Railroad
The Brotherhood of Steel is the most visible group in Fallout 4, but don’t write out the Railroad as a viable option. These brave freedom warriors are working in the shadows to bring down the nefarious Institute. It is, however, not that simple to become a member of them. If you’re having trouble with their introductory quest, require puzzle solutions, or don’t know where to begin, we’ve got you covered. Diamond City, located in the heart of the Commonwealth, is a place where whispers and paranoia are the order of the day.
This new breed of synthetic individuals is virtually indistinguishable from actual humans, and no one understands why they are taking the place of ordinary folks around the coast.
Check out the whole tutorial below to find out how to become a member of this secretive club.
In order to become a member of the hidden ‘Railroad’ faction in Fallout 4, you must first complete the ‘Road to Freedom’ objective.
If you want to sneak about and collaborate with ragtag rebels who are attempting to do the right thing in the Wasteland, the Railroad is the place for you.
‘Road to Freedom’ Quest Guide
You’ll need to travel to Diamond City in order to complete this task. As you travel the city, you’ll hear rumors and overheard discussions that will lead you to the objective. The mission does not provide you specific instructions on what to perform. Instead, you’ll need to be familiar with Boston’s history and be able to follow the clues as they lead you. Following are the fundamental actions you’ll need to do in order to keep things simple:
- 1. Make your way to Boston Common. It’s a park to the east of Diamond City that has a lot to offer. The park is directly across the street from Park Street Station, which is the same area where you’ll be entering for the main quest ‘Unlikely Valentine.’ 2.Speak with the Tour Bot, which can be found near the statue. Take a look at the ground – there’s a brick road that leads out of the city and around the perimeter. This is the well-known ‘Freedom Trail,’ which connects a number of historical places. You’ll see a number and a letter at the front of each site
- These are the site numbers. 3.As you proceed along the brick road, make a mental note of the numbers and letters. Debris can sometimes make it difficult to see where you’re going. Keep an eye out for extra red paint lines that can assist you in your navigation
- 4.The Old North Church, the trail’s final stop, is the final destination. 4.Travel to Old North Church, which is located northeast of Boston Common
- 5.Travel to the church basement. At the end of the walk, there’s a catacomb with a bizarre dial to explore. Turn the dial clockwise or counterclockwise and enter a code into this box
- 6.Here’s the code to remember: 1R (freedom), 2A (trAil), 3I (traIl), 4L (traiL), 5R (tRail), 60 (freedOm), 7A (trAil), 8D (freeDom)
- 7.Turn the dial and set the indicated letter in this order: 1R (freedom), 2A (trAil), 3I (traIl), 4L (traiL), 5R (tRail), 60 (freed Once the letter has been selected, press the middle button. The concealed door will open once all eight letters have been entered with each unique button push
- However, this will take some time. Contact the individuals who live down the secret way and agree to assist them with their next assignment. This begins Deacon’s ‘Tradecraft’ quest, which he will complete later. This assignment must be completed in order to formally join the Railroad and get Deacon as a companion
On The Escapist, you may find even more Fallout 4 Easter eggs and mysteries, including:
- Find all of the Fallout 4 easter eggs and references that you can. 8Fallout 4 Mods to Make the Wasteland Even Better Power Armor Locations in Fallout 4: X-01 Best Power Armor Guide
- Fallout 4: How to Make an Infinite Adhesive Farm
- Fallout 4: How to Dupe Items with Dogmeat
- Fallout 4: Alien Blaster Location Guide
- Fallout 4
Kevin Thielenhaus is a freelance writer for The Escapist who specializes in science fiction and fantasy. You may follow him on Twitter by clicking here.
Fallout 4 Guide: Where is the Freedom Trail and How to Follow it to the Railroad
When you play Fallout 4, you’ll be in the war-torn wasteland of Boston. The majority of the city has been destroyed, but some landmarks have survived. There are several of them, including the Freedom Trail, which is an extremely essential component of Fallout 4’s main storyline. The Railroad, a secretive organization committed to rescue Synths from the prejudices of society, may be found at the end of the tunnel. Although you are free to choose whether to join them, you will eventually want to pursue the Freedom Trail to locate them, so here’s how to go about it.
- You can start the quest at any time by listening in on a conversation between a pair of Diamond City citizens beside the “Bounties” board, or you can follow the main quest line until you are charged with locating the Railroad.
- There is a tour guide robot at the fountain that you may use to activate the first plaque, which is near the fountain.
- The Freedom Trail is comprised of a series of places marked by plaques in Fallout 4, each of which represents a stop on the journey.
- Of course, in order to discover them all, you’ll need to actually follow the trail, but how do you go about doing so?
- The course of the Freedom Trail may be seen here.
- The Old North Church is the final stop on Fallout 4’s Freedom Trail, and it is home to the Railroad, which can be found within.
- Another plaque, this one with a door nearby, may be found at the end of several long corridors.
- It’s likely you took notes, and you’ll have 7-A, 4-L, 2-A, 6-O, 3-I, 5-R, 8-D, and 1-R as a result of your efforts.
- Rotate the outer ring of your cursor so that the inner ring points at various letters by placing it on the outer ring.
With the Railroad, you’ll be introduced to another another of Fallout 4’s major groups. It is entirely up to you how you go from here. – The information in this article was last updated on April 17th, 2017. OTHER IMPORTANT TOPICS:
Fallout 4 Guide: How to complete ‘Road to Freedom’ and join the Railroad faction
The Railroad is a group in Fallout 4 that you can meet and join if you so want. It is necessary to first locate them and finish the “Road to Freedom” questline before you may speak with them. The Freedom Trail in Boston is not very tough, although it might be a little perplexing for people who are unfamiliar with the city’s history. In the next section, you’ll discover detailed instructions for completing the “Road to Freedom” questline, which will introduce you to the Railroad faction. You must first travel to Diamond City in order to undertake the mission.
Bounties here” and look for the bounty sign.
Eventually, after a period of time spent listening to them, one of the Residents will suggest “Follow the Freedom Trail,” and you will be awarded the quest “Road to Freedom.” From Boston Common, take the Road to Freedom.From the Boston Common site, take the Road to Freedom (you can fast travel from your Pip-Boy).
- You will subsequently be instructed to “Continue along the Freedom Trail,” according to the quest.
- ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION For those who are unfamiliar with the term, the Freedom Trail is a genuine place in Boston.
- In its most basic form, the Freedom Trail is a line of red bricks that runs through the heart of Boston.
- Make sure you take a close look at the plate since it will include two clues: A red number with an arrow pointing in the direction of a certain letter Keep them in mind at all times (or simply refer to the list below)!
- “A” in Trail4 |
- “A” in Trail6 |
- “I” in Trail5 |
“D” in Freedom1 |
“A” in Freedom3 |
“I” in Trail5 |
“R” in Freedom2 |
“O” in Freedom3 |
The Old North Church serves as the trail’s endpoint.
You’ll notice a white lantern in the distance.
The Freedom Trail Ring may be found at the conclusion of the trail.
The final component of the puzzle is as follows: The Freedom Trail Ring is a symbol of freedom.
Push the button when you’ve reached the proper letter.
Spin the wheel in the opposite direction of the clock: “Freedom” is represented by the letter R.
In this section, you will learn about the Railroad, one of the major factions in Fallout 4. Choose to join them right away or wait for them to accept your mission completion.
Fallout 4: How to Find the Railroad (Freedom Trail Location)
The Railroad is one of the factions that may be found in the game Fallout 4. In its literal sense, it is an underground movement that works to support, assist, and save synthesizers from the Institute, frequently by smuggling them out of the country. However, due to the nature of The Railroad’s missions, its exact position might be difficult to locate due to the fact that it is concealed. Despite the fact that it was initially featured duringFallout 3, The Railroad has been around since the first Generation-3 synthesizers were created by the Institute, making it a frequent source of contention within theFallout franchise since its inception.
- In a variety of ways, the Sole Survivor can learn about the underground organization, most notably through oral tradition, which prompts the quest Road To Freedom.
- When it comes to where The Railroad’s headquarters are, the quick answer is that they are located beneath the Old North Church.
- After that, they’ll have to figure out a puzzle called the Freedom Trail, which is based on the actual place in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Start by heading to Boston Common, located on the eastern part of the map in Fallout 4, and finding the beginning of the Freedom Trail once you’ve completed the mission.
- The crest will be connected to a narrow, red-bricked line by a thin red line.
- It should be noted that the brick line is broken at various spots, such as when it is covered by automobiles or rubble, but that a painted red line joins the ends of the line to give the player an idea of where they are supposed to proceed.
- When you arrive to Old North Church in Fallout 4, search for a damaged stairway with a white lantern painted on the side that leads to the upper level.
- It is necessary for the Sole Survivor to pass another white lantern painted on the wall to demonstrate that they are moving in the proper way.
- Players should take note of the fact that they may spin the ring with writing on the Freedom Trail crest, and that a red arrow points to certain letters on the crest.
- Upon entering the right password, the wall will open and the Sole Survivor will be able to proceed into the Railroad HQ.
WATCH: Why the Protagonist of Fallout 4 Should Have Been a Synthetic Images from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Demonstrate the Incredible Water Effect A little-known water effect pertaining to particular bodies of water present in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has been discovered by fans who have been playing the game.
Brittni Finley is a model and actress (882 Articles Published) After growing up with games like Pokemon, Kirby, and Animal Crossing, the fifth installment of The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim transformed her life, and she has been a dedicated gamer ever since.
Whenever she isn’t tending to yet another new farm in Stardew Valley, you can find her scouring for secondhand 3DS cartridges or searching for the next big narrative indie game. Brittni Finley has more to say.
Fallout 4 The Railroad Faction Guide
The Railroad is reminiscent of the subterranean railroad that existed during American history. They want to liberate the enslaved and tormented synths who reside in the Commonwealth of Independent States. It is The Institute that creates synths; the latest versions are nearly indistinguishable from humans in appearance and behavior. (I’ll try to keep Institute spoilers to a minimal in this section.) Some in the Commonwealth regard them as hazardous junkpiles that must be eliminated, while others, such as the Railroad, think that they are entitled to the same rights as biological human people in the same way as they do.
Its base is concealed from the rest of the world, and their agents maintain their anonymity by donning disguises.
They have a comprehensive surveillance network in place throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
They are currently under the leadership of a lady named Desdemona, who has made substantial improvements to the Railroad’s operations.
How to Find and Join the Railroad?
- The Railroad is a well-kept secret, so you’ll have to perform some detective work to track them down. You must first become aware of them in one of a variety of ways, including word of mouth. You can overhear conversations about them in places like Diamond City and Goodneighbor. Doctor Amari will teach you about them throughout the tale quest “The Molecular Level.” Whatever information you uncover about them will trigger the quest “Road to Freedom,” and the location of the start of the Freedom Trail will be highlighted on your map. The Freedom Trail might also be discovered by chance as you travel over the country.
- When you get at the spot, you will find a sign from the railroad directing you to the “Freedoms Lantern.” Follow the directions on the sign. There will be a tour bot on site who will be able to provide you with information on the path. Before World War II, the route served as a pre-war guide to historical structures associated with America’s founding fathers
- You will see a plaque in front of the railroad sign with a number written on it and a letter circled in it. Make a note of the letter and the number on the board. More plaques with a number and a letter will be seen as you proceed along the trail’s length. All of these things come together to form a code. A red line will be seen leading from the plaque that denotes the trail’s beginning. In addition, there will be areas when the line will be obscured by debris. Just keep traveling in the same way and you will eventually get to the end of the line, which is Old North Church, if you continue on. Making your way through the church is going to be a challenge for you. It’s possible to encounter some ghouls, although they won’t be very challenging. Finally, you will come to a hallway with a wheel and a button on the wall. It is the same phrases that are shown outdoors on the plaques
- If you want to solve the problem for yourself, then you should not read the next portion. Consider the numbers and letters you gathered previously. You will see that they form the letters 1R 2A 3I 4L 5R 6O 7A 8D, which stands for Railroad in numerological order. You must slide the outer ring to each letter and then push the button in the middle to complete the task. As you have successfully spelled out railroad, a corridor will open up
- When you enter, you will discover members of the railroad waiting opposite from you, ready to assist you. They will be dubious of you, but one of their members, Deacon, will stand by your side and recommend you to them. Desdemona, the group’s leader, will approach you and ask whether you are capable of completing a task to prove yourself. If you approve, the task “Tradecraft” will begin immediately
- Otherwise, the assignment will be cancelled.
- The first step in your mission will be to meet Deacon, who will serve as your guide. He will be hiding in plain sight in a quiet spot, disguised as someone else. You will then have to accompany him on his journey to meet the tourist. It is possible to encounter a few animals along the route
- After some discussion, he will inform you about the existence of a site called the Switchboard. There will be a sewer near the Corvega Assembly Plant that will serve as an entrance. Along the route, you’ll be able to pick up a suit of T-45 power armor. On the other side of the Switchboard, you’ll discover an Institute synth and turret overrun by turrets
- You’ll also find a vault door sealed by an inaccessible terminal that can only be accessed by Deacon. There will be a corpse of a railroad agent inside. Carrington’s prototype will be on a shelf in the same room as the rest of the exhibit. Following your conversation with Deacon, you can return to the Railroad Headquarters
- When you arrive, Deacon will give you a great narrative about how you overran the base. You have the option of laughing along with his exaggerations or not. In any case, Desdemona will be impressed and will give you the opportunity to become a member of the Railroad. You will be given the option of selecting a nickname from a selection of seven. You will also be able to access the Railroad Headquarters as well as travel quickly in and out of it
- You will only be able to begin this quest once you have finished the main plot quest “The Molecular Level.” If you wish to finish the game with the Railroad, make sure that you collaborate with them throughout the mission
- Else, you will fail. Before you enter the teleporter, Desdemona will inform you about the existence of a mysterious someone within the Institute who has been assisting the Railroad. She wants you to meet with him and transmit him a message on an encrypted holotape, which she will provide you. When you initially arrive at the Institute, you will be required to adhere to Father’s instructions. He will inquire as to whether you wish to become a member of the Institute. The Railroad will not be offended in any way if you do so. Make certain that you do not alienate Father or the Institute in any way. In order to complete the Railroad tasks, you must be able to deal with them calmly for the time being.
- Once you are free, go to any terminal and enter the holotape, followed by the message you want to transmit. You will receive a response from him, in which he will request that you meet in a private location. Patriot, whose real name is Liam, will introduce you to a synthesizer that he is attempting to assist. He will devise a strategy to release all thirteen synthesizers who are in desperate need of his assistance at the same time. He does, however, require you to acquire login credentials from the surface in order to follow out the plan. You can exit the Institute by either teleporting back to the point where you entered or meeting with the four department heads of the Institute. In the event that you meet with them, you will have the ability to move quickly in and out of the Institute at any moment. Once you’ve left, make your way to Desdemona’s house. She will instruct you to create a report on what occurred at the Institute and submit it to PAM for review. In this case, PAM will conclude that you should look for the login credentials at Cambridge Polymer Labs
- Upon arrival at the laboratories, you will be met by a robot who believes you have arrived for an employment interview. There is a side quest related with the labs that you may do. If you choose, you may follow Molly’s progress and help her finish the mission. If you do, you will be rewarded with a valuable power armor chest piece
- However, you will first have to make your way to the lab area, where you will have to combat several ghouls. There is a terminal with the credentials on the second level, which you may access. A lockdown will be triggered as a result of this. If you are not interested in completing the side quest, you can bypass the lockout at Bergman’s terminal in order to go away. Assuming this is true, you can go on with the task until you are granted leave. When you return to Desdemona, she will inform you that the password should be given to Liam. When you arrive to the Institute, Liam will be waiting for you in the same spot where you initially met him. He will ask for your password and instruct you to speak with Z1-14. After a day of deliberation, he will decide which course of action to adopt. You may simply sit on a bench and wait for up to 24 hours, or you can come back at a different time. When you talk with Z1-17 again, he will inform you that he requires your assistance in eliminating the tunnel guards. Weapons may be stored in a locker marked on your map if you want to make the impending combat a little easier on yourself. Kill the guards and bring the evidence back to Z1-17. He will inform you that he requires additional time to put things up.
- You must accomplish a number of tasks with Father in order to both keep him unaware and allow the synthesizers enough time to work. You must maintain your good standing with the Institute until this task is completed. Make sure to inform the Railroad of your intention to participate in the Institute mission “The Battle of Bunker Hill” before you begin. When challenged by Father after the mission, do not acknowledge to any faults you may have had. Keep telling yourself that the operation failed because of an ambush in order to maintain your good standing with the Institute
- Once you have finished the task “Powering Up,” you will be informed by a synth that your chamber is flooded. This is a code for Z1-14 to come see you in person. He informs you that the Brotherhood of Steel is ready to launch an attack on the railroad headquarters
Precipice of War
- Inform Desdemona of the imminent attack as soon as you reach her location. She will hand you a railway rifle, and shortly after that, invaders from the Brotherhood will blow a hole in the wall and capture you. Once you have successfully defended the HQ chamber, you will need to proceed through the chapel, which will be swarming with Brotherhood warriors. One of them will be armed with a minigun. When you emerge from the tunnels and enter the main arena, you will face two formidable opponents, one of whom is famous in his own right. If you have any mini nukes or missiles, this could be a good moment to use them
- After beating them and meeting with Desdemona, you will need to fly to Cambridge police station in order to obtain a vertibird, which you can get from the station. A vertibird carrying enemy soldiers will come once you have cleared out the police station and reached the top. Maybe you’ll be able to take it out before the military can assault it! If you don’t have a minigun, you may utilize the parked vertibird to take out the troops with it.
Rocket’s Red Glare
- The Prydwen is essentially a large multi-level passageway filled with adversaries from the Brotherhood of Steel. They will vary from the most basic of adversaries to the most formidable of the Brotherhood’s adversaries. In the event that you are a master at hacking or lockpicking, be sure to check out the armory while you are there. You’ll have to fight your way up the ranks in order to reach the highest level of competition. After planting the bombs in the appropriate locations, you will be loaded into a vehicle with Brotherhood members directly in front of you, one of them will be armed with a gatling pistol. Once loaded into the vehicle, you will be directed to the exit. As soon as you load in, strafe to the right since they will begin fire instantly
- After you depart, the vertibird will soar past the enemy. You have the option to shoot at them, but you are not required to kill them all. Tinker Tom will fly to a safe distance and then explode the Prydwen, which will kill everyone on the planet. You will be able to see its spectacular ascent in all its splendor. It’s only a matter of time before you get in touch with Desdemona.
The Nuclear Option
- ‘The Last Train’ is the final mission in the Railroad campaign. This mission will provide you with a conclusion to the game, but it will not bring your game to a close. Upon completion of the mission, you will be able to continue fulfilling objectives. The goal is to infiltrate the Institute, place a fusion pulse charge on its nuclear reactor, and destroy the entire facility. Upon entering, communicate with Z1-17 to initiate the attack, and then begin eliminating the scientists and warriors present in the room. In order to teleport in Railroad members and whichever companion you’ve been using, Z1-17 will use the relay to do so. After that, you’ll have to make your way through a run-down section of the Institute in order to get to the Bioscience lab. Keep an eye out for synthetic gorillas and synthesized gorillas. Continue to make your way through the Institute’s security personnel one by one. Although there will be a great showdown in the central chamber, you will be helped by the synthesizers.
- The only way around the lockout will be for you to go the elevator to Father’s section and use his terminal to override it. After that, you can go to the reactor room by passing via the Advanced Systems room. There will be other synthesizers, including the powerful Z4K-97B, which will be one of them. He will be in possession of the password to the reactor terminal. After that, you’ll need to utilize the terminal to open the door, enter the building, and detonate the explosives. You may wish to take a few rad-x before proceeding
- You’ll then make your way back to the relay room to complete your mission. Shaun’s synthesized version may be found here. It is entirely up to you whether you choose to take him with you or leave him to die. Following your decision on Shaun’s fate, you can inform Tinker Tom that you are prepared to depart. He will use a detonator to transfer you to a building that is far away. You can wait until you’re ready to blow the bomb and enjoy the moment
There are a few different sorts of missions that you will obtain from the Railroad that will recur. Some of them entail tracking down P.A.M. supply depots. In order to obtain them, you will need to first take out a building full of adversaries, after which you will need to locate the cache. Some jobs entail escorting a synthesizer. These are simple to understand. It is possible that you will meet a Railroad member and assist them in escorting a runaway synth to a safehouse. Others entail checking on or assisting a safehouse in some way.
This is where you’ll look for a message that confirms what occurred to the safehouse during your investigation.
Boston After Dark
You will first need to speak with an elderly gentleman. He will provide a meeting spot, and you will be responsible for clearing out the enemies of Cambridge Church. The elderly gentleman will only arrive in the evening. The only thing left to do is stroll with them to the safehouse once the synth has arrived on site. You will be involved in a number of firefights along the road.
You will be tasked with clearing a big facility that is overrun with raiders. You’ll be seeking for a message that’s been stashed away somewhere in a desk. The mission marker will direct you to where you need to go. A deathclaw and a fusion core may be found in the bottom of the compound’s foundation.
Butchers Bill 2
This one is similar to the previous, except that the note will be in the possession of a deceased agent. Super mutants can be found in abundance in this substance.
Molerats will be seen in tiny numbers at the Starlight Drive-In, but they will be there.
In addition, there are a few mines and traps hidden throughout both structures. You simply need to construct a few defensive objects in order to meet the minimum criteria.
This mission will only become available when you have finished the quest “The Nuclear Option.” You will be dispatched to a certain place in order to destroy a vertibird.
A Clean Equation
This is identical to High Ground, with the exception that you will be pursuing a specific Brotherhood member in this game.
How to Join the Railroad
The location of Boston Common – this is where you begin the Road to Freedom Quest in order to join the Railroad Faction, which begins here. The Railroad is one of the four major factions in Fallout 4 and is represented by the letter R. Joining them can be a nuisance because, at the time of the game’s release, there is no mission marker (in fact, it is the only quest without one), which may cause some players to become disoriented. By the time you get to Boston Common, you will have seen a Protectron tour leader who will tell you about the Freedom Trail.
- Start here, in Boston Common, then work your way along the route.
- Continuing on the Trail Fortunately, the Trail only travels in one direction, so you won’t have to worry about getting lost or going the wrong way – it is not a round trail.
- It’s done using paint at certain areas where the route has been destroyed, and you’ll occasionally come across sections of it that are covered with debris.
- If you’ve already located the Old North Church in Fallout 4, you can use the quick travel feature to get here.
- If you have previously discovered it, you may be able to get there in a short amount of time.
- To go to a lower level, you may travel under this and you’ll see the same sign there again.
- A basement may be reached by going underneath this area.
If you’ve been walking the Freedom Trail, you’ve probably seen plates like these with letters and numbers on them, such as 1, R, or 4, L.
For this reason, you should spin (click the edge of the plate) and progressively spell out R-A.I.L.R.O.A-D, pushing the button each time the marker is aligned with the appropriate letter.
For example, it doesn’t matter which ‘R’ you choose to start with.
The door will swing open, granting you entrance to the Railroad Faction’s ‘base,’ which will be guarded by weapons aimed directly at you.
The Road to Freedom Quest is complete, and you have now become a member of the Underground Railroad.
This mod can allow you to add a significant amount of armor – damage and energy resistance – to clothing items.
Various caps are very useful in this situation. If you complete enough quests, this will surely occur. Once you’ve obtained the formula, you may chart your own course and choose which faction you’d like to achieve the highest possible rank in.
Should i join the rail road? : Fallout 4 General Discussions
Their equipment is geared at covert users in particular. Ballistic Weave for underarmor, accessories, and outfits, as well as improved Stealth Boys and Improved Stealth Boys Their plot is mediocre, at least according to what I’ve experienced thus far. I believe it all depends on your particular views regarding synthesizers and how you use them. Historically, the Underground Railroad transported enslaved African Americans and assisted them in their efforts to escape to freedom, and they are modeled after that network.
- Very guerrilla in nature.
- They’re also highly “spy games,” if you understand what I mean by that.
- There is a fairly amazing and interesting individual that serves as their faction companion, Deacon, and who provides the finest companion bonus for stealth users in my opinion.
- Desdamona is in good health.
- Some of Tinker Tom’s interactions with the characters are rather amusing.
- Their headquarters is perhaps the least fascinating part of the company.
- If you haven’t done their questline but have previously completed BoS and Institute, I see no reason not to, unless you are reluctant to trying new things or have no desire in becoming a “achiev”.
- I’d say them and the RR are the two sides in the game with the least amount of moral ambiguity out of the four main factions in the game.
Fallout 4 – The Molecular Level, Road to Freedom, Freedom Trail, code, Desdemona
Have the Courser Chip examined by a professional. Following your re-emergence in Goodneighbor, make your way down the alley to the left of the gun store, where you will find yourself at the Memory Den. Dr. Amari can do an analysis on your freshly obtained Courser Chip, so find her onstage and strike up a discussion with her. As soon as she inquires about your exploits in the Glowing Sea, tell her that you were able to secure assistance from Virgil. After explaining that she is not familiar with the Courser chip, Amari refers you in the direction of an organization that can assist you.
- There are 11 fascinating locales in Fallout 4 that you may have overlooked – Fallout Friday.
- Some of you may recall that we had a brief encounter with the Freedom Trail early in the game, thanks to the robot tour guide on Boston Common, near Park Street Station.
- Exit the Memory Den, pull up your Pip-Boy map, and fast travel directly to Boston Common when you are ready to resume your journey.
- Once you have arrived at your target, proceed down the road to the north, dealing with any hostiles who may be present.
- If you haven’t already, make your way over to the Tour Bot and strike up a discussion with him.
- Turn your attention to the fountain and look for the sign with the reading when the Tour Bot is finished.
- Just below the sign is a Freedom Trail marker, which you can see immediately below the sign.
Follow the line out of the park and keep an eye on it as it makes its way north down the highway.
The path soon crosses over the road and takes you in the direction of the Massachusetts State House.
The Massachusetts State House has been discovered.
Keep following the line as it bends northward, dealing with any hostiles that you come across along the route.
Old Granary Burial Ground has been discovered.
You’ll recognize the sign pointing toward Goodneighbor from earlier in the game when you approach it.
When you’re ready to go, turn left at the intersection and follow the road north, keeping an eye out for mongrels (including an alpha variety) as you go.
Climb the hill ahead and slide down the end, taking out the ghouls on your right as you come to a stop.
Old Corner Bookstore has been discovered.
Take a look at it, then follow the line as it makes its way around to the east.
After determining that it is safe to go, continue your trek east and down the steps.
Faneuil Hall has been discovered.
There are several of them, including a Super Mutant Suicider, who will try to sprint at you and explode a tiny nuclear bomb.
When he’s defeated, take care of any lingering hostiles in the area before looking at the marker on the line near the statue for clues.
Continue northward, taking a left at the end of the lane, following the line as it goes northward.
Continue to follow it as it swings around to the north once again, and then pay attention to the signpost ahead.
Once the roadway is free, continue on and keep your distance from the line as it turns west.
Old North Church has been discovered.
1 – R, 2 – A, 3 – I, 4 – L, 5 – R, 6 – O, 7 – A, 8 – D.
Look for the railroad tracks.
Clear the area of hostiles and look for the door to the right of your entrance hole, which should be on your right.
When you get to the bottom, take a right and follow the tunnel around to the western end.
Continue north, dealing with one last ghoul along the way, until you reach the Freedom Trail Ring, which can be found on the wall to the right.
To open the secret door, line up each letter with the arrow and hit the center button after each one to activate the hidden button.
When the woman in front of you begins to talk, go closer to her until the dialogue choices become visible.
Following that, tell her your tale.
The ‘Find the Railroad’ component of the current quest (as well as the ‘Search for the Railroad’ portion of the Road to Freedom quest) will come to an end as a result of this action.
To get entry to Railroad HQ, proceed through the door at the end of the corridor.
When she informs you that the gang will assist you if you present them with the Courser Chip, inquire as to what they intend to use it for.
Take your time waiting for him to do his work, and then prepare to return to Virgil in the Glowing Sea once the analysis is complete.
Equip your hazmat suit and then retrace your steps through the cathedral until you reach the outdoors again.
As soon as you arrive, go into the cave to find Virgil’s laboratory.
Inform him that you have decoded the code and that the Railroad was instrumental in your success.
Encourage him to believe that his scientific abilities are adequate to the task, and then inform him that you have the equipment covered.
Once the talk is completed, you’ll need to locate some assistance in order to complete the construction of Virgil’s invention.
It is necessary to affiliate yourself with one of these factions and work your way through their introductory quest if you have not previously done so in order to accomplish the current mission.
(Optional) Consult with the Railroad When you’re ready to talk about Virgil’s gadget with the Railroad, exit the cave and use the quick travel option to return to Old North Church.
Engage her in conversation and demonstrate your familiarity with synthesizers.
Finally, bring the dialogue to a close in order to finish Road to Freedom and to add Tradecraft to your ledger of accomplishments.
She’ll agree to aid you if you first assist Deacon with his mission, which you should do. – Check out the next section for our help to finishing Fallout 4: Tradecraft, the game’s next task. – Return to the main page to read the rest of our Fallout 4 strategy guide.
Railroad – Fallout 4 Wiki Guide
Located in the Boston area of The Commonwealth, the Railroad is a Fallout 4 faction to be discovered. The Railroad is dedicated to the liberation of the Synths that may be found across the Commonwealth. They despise the mysterious organization known as The Institute and are dedicated to finding a means to bring them down. The Railroad manages to keep their group a secret by leaving hints for those who are bright enough to figure out who they are. Someone will be able to join their ranks as a result of this action.
Joining The Railroad
To become a member of the Railroad Faction, you must first finish the questsRoad to Freedom and Tradecraft, followed by the questTradecraft. The Railroad will provide you with the ability to bring Deaconas along with you on missions and touring the Commonwealth after you have joined. IMPORTANT: Completing some tasks for The Railroad later in the game will result in you becoming a permanent enemy of other factions. This includes organizations such as The Brotherhood of Steel and The Institute.
The members of the Railraod are concerned with releasing the Synths that have been discovered around the Commonwealth. It is necessary to rescueSynths who are in risk of being reclaimed by The Institute or to attackInstitute-related sites in order to complete certain of their objectives.
Advertisement Members of the Railroad can be tracked down by employing a variety of weapons and things to their advantage. A variety of ballistic and fusion-based weaponry have been obtained by several members as a result of their confrontations with The Institute. You can locate the Railroad by employing weapons such as laser pistols, fusion grenades, shotguns, and other similar devices.
Railroad – Fallout 4 Game Guide & Walkthrough
NextFactions The Institute for Advanced Study PrevFactions The Brotherhood of Steel is a group of people who believe in the power of steel. The Railroad’s lair may be found at the start of the game or throughout the Molecular Level questline. Located beneath the historic Old North Church in Boston’s downtown business district, Railroad’s hideaway is extremely difficult to locate. During the course of Road to Freedom, you come across the hideaway, where you can get instructions on how to go to the HQ and where you meet Desdemona and other crucial faction members for the first time in person.
The Railroad, however, will not be missed if you skip this quest since you will encounter members of that group during a “independent” quest – The Molecular Level, which will take place after you complete the Railroad mission.
This is true for both main missions (Tradecraft and the ones that follow) and subsidiary quests (such as the ones that follow) (many of them are random).
When this occurs, Desdemona assigns you the mission of “Underground, Undercover.” This mission is linked with strengthening your links with this group and jeopardizing your excellent relationships with the Institute and The Brotherhood of Steel.
While working for Railroad, you may be eligible to receiveBurning Cover- this quest becomes accessible if, as a result of your acts, you come to be considered an adversary of the Institute of Technology (e.g.
This is true in both directions, because accepting particular tasks from other factions might result in you becoming an enemy of Railroad.
There are two that come to mind: End of the Line (the Institute) and Blind Betrayal (the Brotherhood of Steel). NextFactions The Institute for Advanced Study PrevFactions The Brotherhood of Steel is a group of people who believe in the power of steel.