- The Jump Team of Operation Underground Railroad. Actress Laurie Holden, best known for her roles in the movie The X-Files and the television series The Walking Dead, is also a human rights activist and went with O.U.R. on a recent mission to Colombia. Her job consisted mainly of helping the rescued children feel safe and relaxed.
What do Operation Underground Railroad volunteers do?
Volunteers shine light by raising funds and awareness in the fight to end child trafficking. Our 9,000+ O.U.R. Volunteers work hard to spread awareness throughout the United States and beyond! Their work is vital to ending human trafficking because they can reach so many families and people in their communities.
Who rescues children from trafficking?
Phantom Rescue is an elite group of former Law Enforcement, FBI, State Department, US Special Operations, & Business Professionals who have united with one clear objective…to eradicate child trafficking through education, outreach and by assisting authorities with identifying the Global Sex Trafficking Industry Network
Does the Underground Railroad still exist?
It includes four buildings, two of which were used by Harriet Tubman. Ashtabula County had over thirty known Underground Railroad stations, or safehouses, and many more conductors. Nearly two-thirds of those sites still stand today.
Where does operation underground railroad work?
Operation Underground Railroad currently supports operation and aftercare efforts in 28 countries and 48 U.S. States.
What do NGOs do for human trafficking?
Legal and administrative support is provided by NGOs to help trafficked women to deal with local authorities, immigration, and police. They may support trafficking victims in court, provide legal advice and documentation assistance, and produce and disseminate information on the rights of migrant and trafficked women.
Is Tim Ballard LDS?
After growing up in California, Ballard attended Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah. As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he went on a church mission to Chile and then graduated cum laude from BYU with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish and Political Science.
Is Gardy Mardy still missing?
Although he is still missing today, we will never give up until we FIND GARDY. To date, we have rescued over 3,800 survivors and assisted in the arrests of over 2,100 traffickers and predators. Gardy’s story has led to the freedom of thousands.
Was Tim Ballard a seal?
When the traffickers arrived and children started filing into the mansion, his instincts kicked in. Last January, Ballard made a bold move and left his job to form his own team of former CIA operatives and Navy Seals who operate undercover to bust child slavery rings like this one.
Was Gardy Mardy found?
While it never found Gardy, OUR has said that hunting for him led to innumerable other rescues. The organization and Ballard have said that they’re still searching for the boy to this day, and that in the process, children around the world have been liberated from traffickers.
Were there tunnels in the Underground Railroad?
Contrary to popular belief, the Underground Railroad was not a series of underground tunnels. While some people did have secret rooms in their houses or carriages, the vast majority of the Underground Railroad involved people secretly helping people running away from slavery however they could.
What states was the Underground Railroad in?
Most of the enslaved people helped by the Underground Railroad escaped border states such as Kentucky, Virginia and Maryland. In the deep South, the Fugitive Slave Act of 1793 made capturing escaped enslaved people a lucrative business, and there were fewer hiding places for them.
Is the movie Underground Railroad a true story?
Adapted from Colson Whitehead’s Pulitzer-award-winning novel, The Underground Railroad is based on harrowing true events. The ten-parter tells the story of escaped slave, Cora, who grew up on The Randall plantation in Georgia.
Operation Underground Railroad
They are the pinnacle of excellence. Each individual puts in the necessary effort to train, work, and take their employment extremely seriously. They are members of Operation Underground Railroad’s Jump Team, and they are tasked with rescuing minors from sex traffickers. Dutch Turley, a former U.S. Navy Seal, serves as the team’s captain, and his primary responsibility is to keep everyone safe. In his own words, “I’m in charge of the security of the squad.” “If you’re in a horrible circumstance, it’s likely that you haven’t taken the initial few of steps to get there.” Among these measures are the establishment of a chain of command and the establishment of accountability.
You need to keep an eye out for one another and blend in with the surroundings.
Among the tasks assigned to O.U.R.
- What is maybe the greater marvel is that all of this is possible because of generous donations from individuals and organizations that believe in what they are doing.
- The formation of new Jump Teams will enable us to embark on more missions and save even more children.
- Working with O.U.R.
- Everyone, in fact, is doing it.
- As a human rights campaigner, Laurie Holden is well known for her parts in the filmsThe X-Files and The Walking Dead.
- Her primary responsibility was to ensure that the rescued children were secure and comfortable.
- Jump Team training is on-going and includes of hand-to-hand fighting as well as pistol proficiency.
- “You must have an understanding of your adversary from a psychological standpoint.
- “We deal with the psychological aspect of the matter.” Turley has a sensitive side, which is surprising for such a gruff person.
“Saving these children has been the most fulfilling thing I’ve ever done in my life.” The words aren’t coming to me right now.” He truly is one of the very finest of the very best in the world. Cheryl L. Karr is the author of this piece. For additional details, please see www.OURrescue.org.
Operation Underground Railroad
Editor’s note: The following is an excerpt from an interview with a member of the Jump Team of the Operation Underground Railroad. A member of the elite rescue squad of O.U.R. speaks about his past and how he came to be a part of the organization. Having served in the military for a number of years in a variety of roles, including combat operations and military police, I went on to work in law enforcement for several years, specializing in investigations and detective work, with a particular emphasis on child crimes and child deaths caused by abuse or neglect.
While I was waiting for my visa to cross the border from Nepal into India, a young girl, perhaps 10 or 11, approached me and handed me a laminated piece of paper with photographs of what she had done with older western men and Indians, with sexual positions and prices underneath the photographs.
- My heart was broken beyond measure.
- Another batch of youngsters approached, each with the same tattoo as the first.
- She was at the border, being watched over and limited for the purpose of sex, which was generally for truckers who were stranded at the border at that time.
- It was my first in-your-face realization that I was being trafficked.
- They were searching for volunteers for two weeks, and I suggested that they consider volunteers for six months to a year.
- To do so, you’d have to raise the cash yourself or come up with the money yourself.
- I collaborated with a group of men from a former non-governmental organization (NGO) that began fighting human trafficking around ten years ago.
That group of people kind of took me under their wing and mentored me all around Southeast Asia, Indian subcontinent, and northern Africa.
The funds were depleted.
I was extremely upfront and honest about how things worked, which was in stark contrast to how things worked in Central and South America, where I was raised.
has seen tremendous success throughout Latin America, which has been truly remarkable.
Many elements must be taken into account, including cultural and political differences, language obstacles, religious beliefs, and a variety of other characteristics that distinguish one area from the others.
expand into different parts of the world, and they persuaded me to assist them in taking them to Southeast Asia, specifically Thailand and Cambodia, which actually helped because I was asked to return by the Cambodian government to rescue a couple of Cambodian girls while I was there.
It was an excellent rescue mission, as well as an excellent chance for O.U.R.
I don’t think I’d be able to do any other kind of employment.
Someone has to be out there looking for those kids, I reason.
They are unable to be heard because they lack a voice.
That is why I continue to do what I am doing.
Since I’ve been in this profession, and now that I’m in this position with O.U.R, I’ve decided that I want to continue doing this work until I can find that special female.
There have been a lot of girls, boys, children, and lost souls, but that’s the one that keeps me up at night the most of the time. This is the one I’m looking for. Cheryl L. Karr conducted the interview and edited the final product.
Operation Underground Railroad
O.U.R. volunteers cast a light on the issue of child trafficking by raising cash and increasing awareness about it. We have more than 9,000 volunteers that work tirelessly to raise awareness throughout the United States and abroad! Their work is critical in the fight against human trafficking because they have the ability to contact a large number of families and individuals in their communities. The greater the number of individuals who are aware of the indicators of human trafficking, the more children we will be able to rescue and protect.
However, even if your city does not have an Area Team, there are other opportunities for you to become involved.
Some of the activities that we have witnessed O.U.R.
- Organize bake sales, 5k runs, sports competitions (basketball, pickleball, bowling), school and community assemblies, and screening parties for the Operation Toussaint documentary.
.and much more! The possibilities are virtually limitless. We are tremendously appreciative for everything that our volunteers do to help us further our mission. Volunteers make a crucial contribution to our efforts to combat human trafficking. Sign up by clicking here, and check the FAQs section below for further information. Fundraiser for the Strikes Against Slavery Organize a bake sale as a fundraiser. In Colorado, there is an awareness run to help O.U.R. FAQs What is the process for becoming a member of the “Aftercare Team”?
- People who want to become more involved with aftercare should begin by volunteering in their community and getting to know our team for at least a year before becoming more connected with it in this way.
- click Join the Fight and then click Volunteer to get started.
- Many people come to O.U.R.
- Individuals seeking to serve in this capacity are not currently being accepted; however, if you would want to be considered in the future, please complete the form and send it to [email protected] with your resume attached.
- in a variety of additional ways.
- A list of Area Teams may be found at the bottom of the sign-up form, where volunteers can join up.
- New teams are being formed on a regular basis, and there are still several opportunities for you to become part.
to speak at our event?
What steps should I take to launch a fundraising in my community?
If you have not yet registered, please click here to access the registration form!
What if I reside outside of the United States and want to volunteer?
Those who live outside of the United States of America should put their mailing address and phone number here:.
However, you may be required to give your home address in the United States if you choose to volunteer. It is OK to enter a random address in the necessary United States space if this is the case.
What can YOU Do?
MAKE A DONATION TODAY Make others aware of the situation. DISSEMBLE THIS ARTICLE. Learn more about our new Love in Action Street Outreach Team by visiting this page.
Operation Underground Railroad
Three people have been rescued and three more have been arrested. There is a lot of tension in the days coming up to surgery. With every sting, there is always a certain level of uncertainty associated with it. When the Jump Team members are involved in this rescue in Mumbai, India, they are equipped with hidden cameras that are concealed in their backpacks, watches, or fanny packs. These cameras are used not only to capture the “take-down” for Operation Underground Railroad, but also to be used later when prosecuting the pimps.
- Jump Team members stroll into the hotel lobby with a casual demeanor, and they immediately see the victims in the lounge adjacent.
- However, neither O.U.R.
- Three young girls, a pimp who arranged the sale and is clothed head to toe in a black burke with only a slit for her eyes, and two other women and a guy who are following her make up the group of six.
- This was the beginning of the undercover operation.
- However, James explained to the pimp that he was searching for something more “exotic” or “fresher.” It was no problem for the pimps to complete that request because they had some of the cutest females under their hands at the time.
- James approaches them and strikes up a discussion with them.
Currently, there are no updates on the girls due to the fact that social services is keeping them away from the general public; however, Operation Underground Railroad is collaborating with other organizations to ensure that these girls receive an education and develop employable skills so that they will not be vulnerable to human traffickers in the future.
No one could have predicted this, but it has undoubtedly opened the door to a more thorough probe into corruption as well as human trafficking in Mumbai. And that’s a win-win situation for both O.U.R. and its collaborators. Cheryl L. Karr is the author of this piece.
Child Trafficking Stories – Operation Underground Railroad
Latin America: 24 people were rescued and 5 people were arrested. Operation Whale Watch was a high-risk mission that the operations manager of Operation Underground Railroad determined was well worth the danger. And he was absolutely correct. During this operation in Latin America, twenty-four young ladies were rescued and saved. There was just one who was a minor. However, the role of that one youngster is critical in determining the potential sentence for the five traffickers. They now face 15 to 30 years in prison as a result of the actions of that 16-year-old girl.
- The operation proceeded largely according to plan, but it was deemed high risk due to a number of circumstances.
- They were well aware of what they were doing and had been doing it for quite some time.
- “This was a well-organized criminal enterprise.
- “These people had complete control over the narcotics and the ladies, which increased the security issues.” Second, they were armed with machine guns.
- “The chief guy was armed,” the operations manager revealed.
- The weapons used by O.U.R.’s jump team members, on the other hand, are more inconspicuous since they have received extensive training in all aspects of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual combat.
- Third, certain members of the local police force were less than dependable.
“We have reason to think that this individual had the local police on his payroll.” In order to weed out such circumstances, O.U.R.
“They have always been supportive from a distance,” the operations manager remarked.
This critical piece of information came from O.U.R.’s advance squad, which surveyed the location beforehand to identify if there were any traffickers there and to assess the level of danger present.
If the intelligence turned out to be incorrect, the donor money would not be used to fund a rescue operation.
After much deliberation, the decision was made to proceed.
The jump team came together and worked with the country’s federal law enforcement to establish a plan for conducting a sting operation.
dispatched its most senior personnel.
A house was hired, and a birthday party was organized as a pretext for a large number of females to congregate in one location.
Prior to the celebration, concealed cameras were placed throughout the venue.
Each and every stage of the journey, the Latin American authorities in this country were actively involved.
Others were watching from a safe distance, ready to move in as soon as the signal was received.
That wasn’t precisely how things turned out.
It was obvious to the operations crew that many of them were apprehensive about being there.
for each female.” Negotiations never seem to go as well as they should.
“They were attempting to get the highest possible price from us for the females,” explained the team’s leader.
for each female.
Typically, it ranges between $200 and $300.
They also lied to us by claiming that many of the participants were under the age of majority.” The ultimate test of a true professional, on the other hand, is how they deal with problems when things don’t go as planned.
It was necessary to make a decision.
When the O.U.R.
He proceeded with the deal and removed the money from his pocket, making certain that the females could see it.
He didn’t want the girls to see the money he had hidden away.
took steps to ensure that they were not aware of the amount he was selling them for.
The bargain was sealed with a drink, and the signal was given.
“It seemed like 45 minutes to me,” the operations manager remarked.
He had been told by O.U.R.
To his surprise, O.U.R.
No matter what he did, he was not going to get away with it.
That is how they are able to maintain their cover.
had also arranged for a handful of social professionals to be present to assist with the girls’ well-being.
But social workers were on hand to help them feel protected.
will be able to follow up with her care and ensure that she receives the assistance that she requires to be successful.
has already returned her to her family, but the organization will continue to keep an eye on her growth.
As for the party of latecomers, it is unknown what happened to them, but it is thought that there is still a ringleader somewhere out there who was extremely fortunate on this particular occasion.
“It’s possible that the boss is still out there, and we’re on the lookout for him,” said O.U.R.’s operations manager. His whereabouts will also be investigated by the authorities. His remaining days are numbered.
I Went on a Vigilante Raid to “Save” Kids Sold for Sex. What We Did Haunts Me Now.
“When the housekeeper answers the door to a man brandishing a pistol, you can see how afraid she is.” Screenshot courtesy of YouTube/Operation Underground Railroad When the originator of Operation Underground Railroad, Tim Ballard, phoned me unexpectedly in the summer of 2014, I had no idea what he was talking about. He was a former Special Agent with the Department of Homeland Security and informed me that OUR had an undercover operation planned in the Dominican Republic and that he wanted me to accompany him to record it.
- Local administrations were either overburdened or involved in the situation.
- Ballard said that he knew how to save these children.
- Ballard and I are both members of the Mormon faith.
- My father, who admired my work, saved a few cards with the blog’s details in his wallet for future reference.
- Perhaps this is how Ballard discovered that I was a writer.
- I wasn’t perplexed as to why he believed it was acceptable for me, the author of a mother blog, to document anti-human trafficking efforts.
- I was depressed and lonely since my father, who had been my greatest friend, had passed away not long before.
I think, in my anguish and my desire for meaning, I wished for him to be called by God, hoping that it would imply that, at long last, I would be, as well.
Before I traveled for my trip with Operation Underground Railroad, I exchanged a few emails with the organization, receiving instructions on what to pack, my plane ticket, and the name of the person who would meet me at the airport.
It was the day before the sting that I packed my belongings and boarded an aircraft that took me to the Dominican Republic.
We have grown, as every successful firm must, and we are always striving to enhance our standard operating procedures and processes on a professional level.”) When I went on the “jump,” as they termed it, I was the youngest person and the only woman there.
The production firm was situated in Utah, but it was said to have attracted the attention of Hollywood elite, including Gerald Molen, the Oscar-winning producer of films such as Jurassic Park and Schindler’s List.
We stayed in a large beige house with a befuddled housekeeper from the neighborhood.
I jotted down some notes.
Ballard’s team collaborated with local authorities who were either overloaded or ill-equipped to handle this task on their own, according to what I was informed.
The location and time of the party were communicated to the authorities in advance.
When the OUR team obtained undercover recordings of a trafficker receiving upfront cash in exchange for sex with the children, the police intended to stand by outside.
They would be armed, of course.
Ballard gave me his assurance.
I’d be on the safe side.
Following the meeting, the housekeeper prepared the table for dinner.
Was she going to be safe?
I fell asleep to the sound of members of the jump team practicing CrossFit near the pool, which was a pleasant surprise.
There were a total of 26 of them.
I’d been tasked with inflating balloons in order to create a festive ambiance in the house.
When I met them outside near the pool, I gave out drinks to them.
“I’d been requested to blow up balloons in order to create a party atmosphere in the house.” Inside, Meg ConleyBallard sat with the traffickers, ostensibly discussing the price for the services that each girl would offer.
One of the traffickers came up to me and started making jokes, which I found amusing.
Ballard was putting money on the coffee table, and I was watching him.
The raid got underway.
I quickly fled.
The cameras were rolling in preparation for the much-anticipated television show.
There was a lot of yelling: from the cops, from the OUR covert team, who was pretending to be shocked, and from the drug traffickers.
I was still present when the children, dripping wet from the pool, were escorted through the room and out of the house by their parents.
During the process of being brought away, they walked between us on the ground, dripping water as they did so.
The camera team came up to me and asked for my comments, recording me while I answered.
I wanted to think that what had just occurred was significant—and I wanted to get back home.
When the plane touched down, I immediately turned on my cellphone.
After expressing interest in providing a blurb for my book, he expressed willingness to do so whenever I was ready to do so.
A man who claimed to have been summoned by God stated he was going to endorse me.
In the van with our two children strapped into car seats in the rear, my husband picked me up from the airport and I informed him about the guns and the children.
Then he told her, “You shouldn’t have been in there.” I recall thinking he was being overprotective at the time.
I was in attendance at the screening of OUR’s first documentary when it was released.
I got to my feet.
Ballard’s assertive certainty, on the other hand, quickly became a source of concern for me.
She said that OUR’s raids demonstrated a “alarming lack of knowledge about how complex criminal trafficking networks must be attacked and disrupted,” and she described the organization’s tactics as “arrogant, immoral, and unlawful.” Ballard forwarded the item to me and referred to her as a “bitch.” Then he requested me to prepare a reply to his argument.
- It was impossible for me to come up with anything meaningful to say in response to someone who had dedicated her life to this cause.
- The essay was not written by me.
- The most of them were just as inexperienced as I was.
- The appeals were heartfelt, but they were faulty.
- We spent the most of our time talking about fundraising.
- Towards the conclusion of my association with the group, I confided in someone who was concerned about the recent negative publicity that I was concerned about an organization that placed so much reliance on Ballard and his vision of the future.
- OUR prioritized Black and Latino children in its fundraising efforts, but the organization refused to change its name in response to calls from Black activists.
- Ballard, his wife, and other white people are shown as they transport rescued Black and brown children from human trafficking down an actual train, painted by McNaughton, who is most known for his painting of President Barack Obama burning the Constitution in 2012.
- I was disillusioned and upset, and I wanted to have a better grasp of the group’s position within the anti-trafficking community.
The first thing that sprang to mind when I informed an international anti-trafficking specialist about the 2014 raid I was a part of was, “Do you have any idea how completely wrong everything was?” According to what I’ve gathered from the studies, our 2014 raid was most likely just another childhood trauma for those 26 children.
- But what she realized in a split second was something that took me years to comprehend.
- (Ballard did not answer to inquiries concerning the raid that were directed at him.) Is this an indictment on Ballard?
- However, it is also a condemnation of myself.
- I attempted to find purpose in my own life by putting myself in the shoes of exploited children.
- Operation Underground Railroad is now well-known for its multinational sting operations, which have gained widespread attention.
- In 2015, a Silicon Valley businessman put $40,000 into a sting operation and watched it unfold in real time.
- Ballard brings the drama with him to every interview and fundraiser, for those who can’t afford to go to the situation room.
Ballard’s stories were recently investigated by Vice, which discovered “a pattern of image-burnishing and mythology-building, as well as a series of exaggerations that are, in the aggregate, quite misleading.” Vice also published details of “disturbingly amateurish” operations, such as the one I attended.
- However, a video of the raid was produced by Operation Underground Railroad.
- It’s still there, believe it or not.
- Towards the end of the video, the sentence “26 victims rescued, 8 traffickers arrested” appears.
- Meg Conley is a writer who lives in New York City.
- There did not appear to be any consideration given to the possibility that OUR had generated a demand.
- I was given only ambiguous responses.
I discovered the truth about what happened thanks to aForeign Policyreport: Following OUR’s first operation in the Dominican Republic in 2014, a local group known as the National Council for Children and Adolescents rapidly realized that it lacked the resources to care for the 26 girls who had been rescued by the organization.
- According to the story, some people testified.
- It was only a Coke and a swim that those kids received from us in 2014, yet Ballard came out ahead in the bargain.
- It entails identifying children who are being trafficked and ensuring that they receive adequate aftercare.
- It is enacting safe harbor, affirmative defense, and vacatur legislation, all of which are intended to provide victims with a safe transition or to assist them in avoiding the criminal justice system.
- It is advocating for racial equality.
- Anti-trafficking effort, particularly the sort that is effective, does not provide instant gratification.
- There are no cameos or leading roles.
- Ballard began the organization’s 2020 online fundraising event by expressing gratitude to those who were watching from their homes.
- Ballard is represented by WME, one of the world’s largest talent agencies, despite the fact that his reality series never got off the ground.
- In addition, a new action film based on his life, Sound of Freedom, will be released soon.
- In the clip, which was published last summer, a blond Caviezel hikes through the Colombian forest in order to save children from a criminal organization.
On the screen, Caviezel sobs righteous tears, as scared boys and girls’ faces, frequently covered in filth, are featured prominently. “Mister Timoteo,” a weeping small kid asks the screen Ballard in Spanish, and the screen Ballard responds. “You’re a kid rescuer, aren’t you?”
Operation Underground Railroad – Wikipedia
|Named after||Underground Railroad|
|Founded at||Salt Lake City,Utah|
|Type||Non-governmental organization,non-profit organization|
|Key people||Tim Ballard|
A non-profit organization based in the United States, Operation Underground Railroad (O.U.R.) has the stated goal of assisting government agencies in the rescue of human trafficking and sexual trafficking victims, with a particular emphasis on children, with the overall goal of eliminating sexual trafficking worldwide. Founded in 2013 by Tim Ballard, a former officer of the United States Department of Homeland Security in Cedar City, Utah, the organisation has grown rapidly. As the subject of several investigative series in 2020, Ballard and O.U.R.
As of April 2020, the Organization for the Unification of Refugees reported 3000 victims rescued and 182 traffickers apprehended.
As of October of that year, the O.U.R.
Prior to launching O.U.R., Tim Ballard worked as a Special Agent for the Department of Homeland Security for 12 years, where he was a member of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and the United States Child Sexual Exploitation Jump Team. According to Ballard, he was dissatisfied with the absence of techniques adopted to rescue abducted and trafficked children in developing countries, as well as the difficulty to punish perpetrators in situations that were not tied to the United States of America.
The organization’s headquarters are in Salt Lake City, Utah, but it also has offices in Southern California and the Pacific Northwest.
Molen to chronicle the planning and activity pertaining to a few covert operations for a feature film in order to increase awareness and support for the cause.
Prior to launching O.U.R., Tim Ballard worked as a Special Agent for the Department of Homeland Security for 12 years, where he was a member of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force and the United States Child Sexual Tourism Jump Team, among other assignments. In his opinion, the lack of techniques adopted to rescue abducted and trafficked children in developing countries, as well as the difficulty to punish perpetrators in non-U.S.-related instances, were the source of his dissatisfaction.
The organization’s headquarters are in Salt Lake City, Utah, but it also has offices in Southern California and the Pacific Northwest, among other locations.
The film producerGerald R. Molen contacted Ballard with the idea of documenting the planning and activity around a few covert missions for a feature film in order to assist raise awareness and support. Beginning in January 2016, a documentary film named The Abolitionists was released.
According to a 2020Vice News investigation, the group engaged in “a strategy of image-burnishing and mythology-building, a succession of exaggerations that are, taken together, highly deceptive,” according to the report. The organization One United Rescue claimed to have saved a lady named “Liliana,” who according to court testimony had escaped on her own will. Transparency in the organization’s spending is also lacking. One of O.U.R.’s practices, according to a follow-up article from 2021, was that it used “jump teams” of inexperienced donors and celebrities, did not conduct meaningful surveillance or identification of targets, did not validate whether the people they intended to rescue were in fact actual trafficking victims, and did not differentiate between consent-based sexual work and human trafficking.
for propagating the far-right QAnonconspiracy theory.
Investigative Reports and Criminal Investigations
On August 27, 2020, Lynn Packer of the American Crime Journal announced in a video breaking news that criminal complaints had been submitted to the Davis County District Attorney’s office in Farmington, Utah, according to the American Crime Journal. American psychologist John Dehlin had an interview with Packer, an award-winning investigative journalist and seasoned Utah reporter, which was later broadcast on his Mormon Stories Podcast. Asked why such an important “development for the state of Utah and the LDS Church” was not disclosed or “being chased” by mainstream Utah media, Dehlin, who is an excommunicated member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints(LDS Church), said, “It’s because it’s a secret.” As Packer stated, the state media and the LDS Church were involved in legitimizing Operation Underground Railroad with little to no control and fact-checking on the part of the state government.
In his statement, Packer said that he had spent the previous five years looking into Tim Ballard and Operation Underground Railroad.
and Tim Ballard were under criminal investigation by the Attorney’s Office of Davis County, Utah, in October 2020, following reports that O.U.R.
Tim Ballard summoned officers and managers from his non-profit and for-profit businesses, including several from Operation Underground Railroad, to a clandestine meeting in August, 2019, according to reports by investigative journalists Lynn Packer and Damion Moore of the American Crime Journal.
- “WHAT IS CONTAINED WITHIN A NUMBER? Rescue 500”.Operation Underground Railroad. Retrieved on May 11, 2016. The original version of this article was archived on May 16, 2016. Retrieved2016-05-16
- s^ The American Crime Journal published articles such as “A Famed Anti-Sex Trafficking Group Has a Problem With the Truth”.
- “Inside a Massive Anti-Trafficking Charity’s Blundering Overseas Missions”.
- “Operation Underground Railroad’s Carefully Crafted Public Image Is Falling Apart”.
- “Derailed: Operation Underground Railroad (O.U.R.)”.American Crime Journal
- Abcnews.com published an article entitled ” Merlan and Anna are two of the most talented people I’ve ever met (10 December 2020). In the words of the New York Times, “A well-known anti-sex trafficking organization has a problem with the truth.” Obtainable on December 24, 2020
- Grant, Melissa Gira, and Melissa Gira (2020-08-19). According to Qanon, the Anti-Trafficking Movement’s Conspiracy Playbook is being used. Journal of the New Republic, ISSN0028-6583. “Anti-human trafficking group Operation Underground Railroad under criminal investigation by Utah prosecutor”, KSTU, October 8, 2020
- Ab”Anti-human trafficking group Operation Underground Railroad under investigation”, KSTU, October 8, 2020
- Ab”BREAKING NEWS: Anti-human trafficking group Operation Underground Railroad under criminal investigation by Davis County Attorney”, American Crime Journal, October 8, 2020
- The following article was written by Richard BYRNE REILLY on April 26, 2014: “Tech startup Operation Underground Railroad is protecting youngsters from human traffickers” (News). VentureBeat. Obtainable on 2016-05-16
- Abcd “Behind the Scenes of the Fight Against Child Sexual Trafficking.” 2015-05-07. ab”The New Abolitionists,” retrieved on April 17, 2012
- Ab”The New Abolitionists.” Foreign Policy is the study of international relations. Retrieved on 2016-05-16
- Ab”The Abolitionists Movie – A Mission to End Child Trafficking” (Abolitionists Movie – A Mission to End Child Trafficking). The Abolitionists were a group of people who opposed slavery. Retrieved2016-05-16
- s^ Karissa Herald is a reporter for the Herald. Neely’s Daily Dose of Neely. “Abolitionists in Utah believe it is past time to rescue victims of sex trafficking.” The Daily Herald is a newspaper published in the United Kingdom. Retrieved2020-04-27
- s^ “Understanding Human Trafficking via the Lens of Civil Society: Awareness, Advocacy, and Action” is the title of this paper. It is written in English. “Rescuing Children From Colombia’s Sex Trafficking Trade,” which was retrieved on May 16, 2016. The 22nd of October, 2014, according to ABC News. Retrieved2016-05-16
- “Rescuing Children from Sex Slavery: One Mormon’s Inspired Mission”.LDS Living. 2015-02-27. Retrieved2016-05-16
- “Inside a Massive Anti-Trafficking Charity’s Blundering Overseas Missions”. The Guardian. 2015-02-27. Retrieved2016-05-16
- “Rescuing Children from Sex Slavery: One Mormon’s Inspired Mission”. Retrieved2021-06-05
- s^ Kevin Roose is the author of this work (2020-08-12). “QAnon adherents are interfering with the Save the Children movement.” Journal of the New York Times (ISSN 0362-4331). “Donald Trump Is Gone, But QAnon’s Sex Trafficking Conspiracies Are Here To Stay,” according to a report published on January 6, 2016. BuzzFeed News is a news website. Retrieved2021-06-05
- “WWE Referee, Wrestler-Turned-Mayor Fundraise For QAnon-Adjacent Charity” (WWE Referee, Wrestler-Turned-Mayor Fundraise For QAnon-Adjacent Charity). Retrieved2021-06-05
- s^ Lynn Packer is a writer who lives in the United States (August 28, 2020). American Crime Journal published an article titled “Tim Ballard, Utah’s Flim-Flam Man.” American Crime Journal
- “1364: Investigating Tim Ballard and Operation Underground Railroad – Lynn Packer Pt. 6”
- “Underground Railroad’s Carefully Crafted Public Image Is Falling Apart”
- “Anti-human trafficking group Operation Underground Railroad under criminal investigation by Utah prosecutor”
US Child Sex Tourism Jump Team
WHY DOES A NUMBER MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU? Op Underground Railroad’s Rescue 500″ was published on the 11th of May, 2016. On the 16th of May, 2016, the original version was retrieved from the internet. Retrieved2016-05-16;s^ “A Renowned Anti-Sex Trafficking Organization Has a Problem With the Truth”.; “Inside a Massive Anti-Trafficking Charity’s Blundering Overseas Missions”.; “Operation Underground Railroad’s Carefully Crafted Public Image Is Falling Apart”.; “Derailed: Operation Underground Railroad (O.U.R.)”.American Crime Journal; “American Crime Journal |”.American Crime Journal; abcnews.com/news/ Merlan and Anna are two of the most talented people I’ve ever encountered (10 December 2020).
- There’s a problem with the truth at a well-known anti-sex trafficking organization, according to a report.
- According to Qanon, the Anti-Trafficking Movement’s Conspiracy Playbook is being utilized.
- 16th of May, 2016; abcd.com Within the Fight Against Child Sexual Trafficking” is a documentary about the fight against child sexual trafficking.
- The New Abolitionists (ab”The New Abolitionists”).
- Policy in the international sphere.
- We’re talking about the abolitionists here, right?
Day by day, Neely is there for you.
The Daily Herald is a daily newspaper published in the United Kingdom.
“Rescuing Children From Colombia’s Sex Trafficking Trade” was retrieved on 2016-05-16; The 22nd of October, according to ABC News.
This article was retrieved on May 16, 2016.
The Guardian published an article titled “Inside a Massive Anti-Trafficking Charity’s Blundering Overseas Missions” on May 16, 2016.
Save the Children’s Movement is being hijacked by Qanon followers, according to the article.
It’s all over BuzzFeed News these days.
American Crime Journal publishes an article titled “Tim Ballard, Utah’s Flim-Flam Man.” American Crime Journal; “1364: Investigating Tim Ballard and Operation Underground Railroad – Lynn Packer Pt.
October 7, 2020; “Underground Railroad’s Carefully Crafted Public Image Is Falling Apart”; “Underground Railroad’s Carefully Crafted Public
Who is Tim Ballard?
Operating Underground Railroad was founded and is led by Timothy Ballard, who is also its CEO. The former CIA agent worked with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force for a total of ten years before retiring. In addition, he operated as an undercover officer for the United States Child Sex Tourism Jump Team. As a result of his efforts as an undercover agent in the United States and several international countries, Ballard was able to rescue countless children from sex slavery and bring traffickers to justice.
What is Operation Underground Railroad?
Operations Underground Railroad was founded by Timothy Ballard, who also serves as its CEO. The former CIA operative worked with the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force for a total of ten years before leaving the organization. Aside from that, he was an undercover operative for the United States Child Sex Tourism Jump Team. As a result of his efforts as an undercover agent in the United States and many other countries, Ballard was able to save several children from sex slavery and bring traffickers to justice.
“The Sound of Freedom”
In “The Sound of Freedom,” Jim Caviezel, well renowned for his portrayal of Jesus Christ in Mel Gibson’s “The Passion of the Christ,” will play Timothy Ballard, the protagonist of the film. According to the Deseret News, Caviezel describes the picture as “the second most significant project” he has ever worked on in his career. Continuing his speech, Caviezel stressed the significance of the film, stating that it will “send a light into a dark world.” Caviezel shadowed Ballard at O.U.R. in preparation for the film and even had the opportunity to watch a rescue mission in Latin America prior to the start of production.
How Will “The Sound of Freedom” Make a Difference?
A difference will be made by “The Sound of Freedom” because it will initiate a dialogue about a topic that is not frequently discussed. Tim Ballard, along with American author Tim Robbins, recently appeared on Dr. Oz to discuss sex trafficking in order to raise awareness. At one point in the episode, Ballard expressed his frustration with the difficulty of raising awareness about child sex trafficking, saying that it “rips your heart out” and is a tough subject to come to grips with. Afterwards, Dr.
According to Operation Underground Railroad, 2 million children are presently subjected to sexual exploitation across the world, with females constituting the vast majority of those exploited.
It is also the most dangerous form of crime.
It will provide an inside glimpse into Operation Underground Railroad, the motivations behind it, and the horrors that O.U.R. is up against on a daily basis. –Megan McKeough is a writer and editor. Photo:Flickr
Operation Underground Railroad (OUR) – a Vanguard in the Fight Against Child Trafficking – End Slavery Now
Over 250 victims of human trafficking have been rescued in only one year by the non-profit group Operation Underground Railroad (), with the vast majority of those being minors. In addition, we have assisted in the arrest of over 30 traffickers, putting them out of business for good. T. Ballard, a former United States Special Agent for the Department of Homeland Security who served 12 years in that capacity, is the founder and CEO of OUR. While serving on the Internet Crimes Against Children Taskforce and the Child Sex Tourism Jump Team, Ballard assisted in infiltrating and dismantling dozens of trafficking organizations that kidnapped children and forced them into the sex slave industry.
Aside from enjoying the pleasant experience of working with devoted United States government personnel, Ballard was increasingly uncomfortable with the methods being used to rescue imprisoned children.
As a United States agent, Ballard would never be permitted to rescue children if their cases did not have a connection to the United States or could not be prosecuted in a United States court.
He assembled a team of the best in the country and launched Operation Underground Railroad in November 2013.
Mission: Liberate Enslaved Children and Dismantle the Criminal Networks
In a nutshell, the mission is straightforward: using cutting-edge computer technology and human intelligence, our undercover teams of former CIA and Special Operations personnel travel to some of the world’s most dangerous locations to assist in the liberation of enslaved children and the dismantling of criminal networks. OUR operators have dedicated their life to rescuing imprisoned children all across the world, always with the consent and request of local governments and authorities. We keep the relevant US Embassies aware of our efforts, and we have been lucky in that we have been able to rely on their assistance and involvement in a number of rescue operations.
©OUR The United States government is light years ahead of its international rivals in the battle against human trafficking, but budget and bureaucratic constraints limit its ability to do more.
This group of nations lacks the means and expertise necessary to remove these victims and transport them to a secure location.
It has been our pleasure to work with computer software businesses that have assisted us in tracking down and prosecuting child pornographers, child rapists, and human traffickers.
As part of its anti-trafficking efforts, OUR is now building its own web tool that will be cutting-edge in its field. We will make this technology available to host governments at no cost in order for them to be able to conduct their own anti-trafficking efforts in the future.
Fastest Growing Criminal Enterprise
The breadth of the problem is enormous; it is believed that there are 27 million enslaved human beings in the world, which is a greater number of slaves than ever existed during the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Many are sex slaves, since sex trafficking is the fastest expanding criminal industry in the world, with more than a million people trafficked every year. Fortunately, there are some credible organizations that exist to communicate information about this problem and promote awareness, and others that serve as aftercare groups for those who have been harmed by this situation.
- In our research, we discovered that only a small number of people are devoted to the proactive rescue and direct extraction of victims, as well as the capture and conviction of their captors.
- However, we take great care to ensure that the rescued children receive the rehabilitation and aftercare that they require to help them reconstruct their lives once they have been saved.
- OUR workers make it a point to visit the rehabilitation shelters every few months to check that the children are receiving high-quality treatment.
- OUR agents’ ability to operate secretly makes them a sought-after resource for other agencies seeking assistance in sting operations against child sex trafficking.
As part of a collaborative effort with Colombian government officials and Homeland Security Investigations agents based out of our Embassy in Bogota, OUR conducted simultaneous operations in three Colombian cities (Armenia, Cartagena, and Medellin) that resulted in the liberation of 123 trafficking victims, 55 of whom were minors, and the arrest of approximately ten trafficking perpetrators.
OUR performed three distinct types of sex parties for affluent and prominent Americans and Canadians, each of which played to its strengths by mimicking would-be kid sex tourists who were planning sex parties for these wealthy and influential Americans and Canadians.
Our investigators were outfitted with disguised microphones and hidden cameras during each covert encounter, allowing us to record high-quality evidence that Colombian prosecutors are now utilizing to construct strong cases against the people who were detained earlier this year.
This is a massive problem with an estimated 27 million enslaved human beings in the world, which is a higher number of slaves than ever existed during the trans-Atlantic slave trade. Due to the fact that human trafficking is the fastest expanding criminal activity on the planet, a large number of them are sex slaves. The good news is that there are numerous credible organizations that exist to share information about this problem and create awareness, and others that serve as aftercare groups for those who have been victimized.
- In our research, we discovered that only a small number of people are committed to the proactive rescue and direct extraction of victims, as well as the capture and conviction of their captors.
- The children who have been saved are carefully monitored to ensure that they are provided with the therapy and aftercare that they require in order to begin rebuilding their lives.
- Each month, our personnel visit the rehabilitation shelters to check that the children are receiving high-quality treatment.
- In part because of our agents’ expertise in conducting covert operations, other governments frequently contact us for assistance in their efforts to combat child sex trafficking.
As part of a collaborative effort with Colombian government officials and Homeland Security Investigations agents based out of our Embassy in Bogota, OUR coordinated simultaneous operations in three Colombian cities (Armenia, Cartagena, and Medellin) that resulted in the liberation of 123 trafficking victims, 55 of whom were minors, and the arrest of approximately ten trafficking perpetrators.
OUR performed three distinct types of sex parties for affluent and prominent Americans and Canadians, each of which played to its strengths by mimicking would-be kid sex tourists who were planning sex parties for these wealthy and influential people.
Our investigators were outfitted with hidden microphones and cameras during each covert encounter, allowing us to record high-quality evidence that Colombian prosecutors are utilizing to create strong cases against the individuals who were detained.